The Source Farm Ecovillage Welcomes You.
The Work Exchanger is vital to SFE because it’s through your labor and input that we at SFE will be able to realize our mission of creating a holistic earth friendly community. In our duty to ensure that this work experience is beneficial to all parties we have established a few guidelines.
Work Exchanger Requirement
- Work Exchangers are required to submit an application, resume or a CV, and two letters of reference at least two weeks prior to coming the SFE.
- Work Exchangers are not required to work anymore than 8 hours a day.
- Work Exchangers are not required to perform any activity they deem dangerous or hazardous to their health and well being.
- Work Exchangers are required to inform the staff of the Ecovillage if they are taking any medicines or have any physical or mental conditions that might need medical attention.
- Work Exchangers are required to have a water bottle and drink sufficient water as not to get dehydrated due to Jamaica Temp.
- Work Exchangers that are staying at the Ecovillage are asked not to allow local residents to have overnight stays. Any Non-Ecovillage resident is required to sign in and fill out a Liability Waiver Form.
- Work Exchangers are required to eat at least one meal with the community each day.
- Work Exchangers are required to pay for a $25.00 daily meal plan.
- Work Exchangers are required to complete an official check out process.
- A Work Exchanger is a visitor to the Ecovillage but is still a representative of the Source Farm Ecovillage and is asked to conduct himself/herself in a manner that supports the Mission, Vision and Guidelines of The Source Farm Ecovillage.
- SFE is required to welcome the Work Exchanger into the community and introduce the Work Exchangers to the SFE members.
- SFE is required to clearly layout the SFE rules and guidelines to the Work Exchanger.
- SFE is required to have a clearly written plan of work assignments.
- SFE is required to provide accommodations (room or living quarters) for the Work Exchanger during their stay.
- SFE is required to provide sufficient healthy meals for Work Exchanger. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- SFE is required not to ask the Work Exchanger to perform any activity that might be dangerous or hazardous to their health and well being.